Thursday, August 2, 2012

Quick Tomato Relish

I made a simple little tomato relish the other day, and I'm obsessed with it.  I've put it on little garlic toasts and pasta so far, but it would be great for salads, sandwiches, you name it.  All you do is dice a few Roma tomatoes, add a clove or two of garlic, a little bit of red onion, Italian dressing, salt and pepper. I used a cheap, generic Italian dressing and it was fine.  I can't stop eating this.  You don't want to go overboard on the garlic and onion.  Since they are raw, a little goes a long way.  This is mostly about the sweetness of the tomato.  My husband is crazy about this as well, which really surprised me.  You might find that the picky eater in your life loves this as well.



(I thought this was a nice little still life.  It's just the skin of the red onion on my messy kitchen table.  I'm not much of a photographer, so I'm excited when something like this happens.)







No comments:

Post a Comment