Tuesday, September 18, 2012

3.1 Phillip Lim

I've been checking out some of the spring collections, and so far, this one has really caught my eye: 3.1 Phillip Lim.  What's funny is these pieces remind me of my paintings.  The combination of text and nature is something that happens all of the time in my work.  Plus all of the bright colors, large amounts of white, and the slouchiness:  this is what my paintings would look like if they were magically turned into clothing.  See for yourself at mereditholinger.com    

I love the floral pattern in the text.  I might steal this idea.

What a great look.

This is my favorite.  Can I wear this every day please?

See-through overalls?  Yes, please.

I love how he's cut up the text.  This phrase is so recognizable; I love how he is playing with it.  
All photos from vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment