Friday, September 28, 2012

Beans for Breakfast

Ever since I studied abroad in Wales, I have been obsessed with beans for breakfast. Everyone hates on British food, but I loved it. So much so that I put on twenty pounds in the mere three months I was there. Anyway, my favorite part of British food is their take on breakfast, which includes beans. That is something you would never see here, which is sad, cuz it's great! So this morning I decided to do a little British/Tex-Mex/breakfast mash-up. Pretty simple really. I just took some of my leftovers from last night (black beans and kidney beans mixed with rotel), put that on some whole-wheat toast that I toasted with cheddar, and then slapped a fried egg on top. Voila! Simple, delicious, and healthy breakfast.




By the way, does anyone know where you can get a good English breakfast in Memphis?

Plates: Anthropologie, Tea-cup, Antique

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding!!! I MUST make this. Now! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete