Friday, September 14, 2012

End of Summer Outfit and Salad

I always have a little bit of regret at the end of summer.  It's always things like, I didn't go swimming enough, I didn't hang out with so-and-so enough, I didn't grill out enough.  I've been feeling a bit of that this week.  I realized that I haven't worn these pants enough and I haven't eaten enough watermelon.  It seems like last summer that is all I ate and this summer I barely ate any.  So I decided to kill two birds with one stone.  I threw this little outfit together and I made a watermelon tomato and basil salad.  The outfit was a little pajama chic, so I threw caution to the winds and put on some red lipstick to sass it up.  The salad was great.  The flavors go so well together and it looked so pretty on my Anthropologie plates.  Now summer can end with no regrets!  Well, I still didn't go swimming enough, but whatever.  
Bam!  Red Lips!

Love this pattern

This is my sassy pose.

Shirt: Gap, Cuffs: Urban Outfitters, Pants: Vintage, Shoes: Target
 And here is the salad.  This is a take on a Giada di Laurentiis appetizer.  I just turned it into a salad.  It's cherry tomatoes, watermelon, basil, spinach (some arugula would be nice, add that if you have it) and balsamic dressing.  I didn't have any balsamic dressing, so I just threw some balsamic vinegar into some Italian dressing I had.  Worked fine.  This salad is simple, elegant, and unexpected.  I served it with some chicken, which was great, because I think chicken is kind of boring.

Gorgeous!  And scrumptious!  And healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment