Thursday, September 13, 2012

Perfect Zoo Day

So the weather on Tuesday was perfect, as you must have noticed, so Olie and I decided to pop over to the zoo for a little afternoon walk.  If you haven't been to the Memphis Zoo in a while, you need to take a day and head over there.  There is a reason it has been voted America's #1 zoo: it rocks.  They have tons of new exhibits, underwater viewing for the polar bears, sea lions, and grizzly bears, and they are working on underwater viewing for the hippos (which I'm super excited about).  The landscaping is gorgeous and it's really shaded so it never gets too warm.  Next time I go, I've got to remember to take my sketchbook with me, because there are so many different kinds flowers and leaves just begging to make their way into a painting.  The best part though is all the little kids running around in their bathing suits, jumping in the fountains and screaming with laughter.  I wanted to get a picture of it, but I didn't want any parents to think I was a creeper.  Just trust me, it's the cutest thing ever.  It's free on Tuesdays starting at 2 p.m. (if you are a TN resident).  Afterwards, we decided to head to YOLO for some frozen yogurt and gelato.  Not bad for a Tuesday afternoon.

Me and Olie.  Being adorable.
I used to climb on these when I was a kid.  
Zebras!  I love zebras.
Getting sassy with the flamingos.  
The new wolf exhibit is amazing.  
Zoo attire: Gap hat, Staring at Stars top, Old beat-up Levi's shorts that I adore, Mostly Forever 21 jewels, gas station sunglasses I stole from my brother-in-law.  Dumb face courtesy of my dumb face.
I couldn't believe I got this shot. 
The Memphis Zoo is mostly Egyptian themed.  It's pretty sweet.
Olie's personal YOLO concoction, my pistachio gelato.  Also pretty sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment