Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Studio!








Here it is: my new studio.  I've been dying to post some pictures of it, but it's been a complete mess since we moved in, and I have finally got it clean (well, clean enough). I'm so happy to have my studio in my house.  I can listen to music really loudly, and no one is trying to start a conversation with me while I'm in the zone.  Anyway, I lined the floor with a drop cloth and then topped that with cardboard.  I don't want to get paint on these hardwood floors.  I converted our old computer table into my painting table, which is great because it has a glass top and a drawer that rolls out.  I'm using our old kitchen table as a drawing table, which I'm really excited about.  I've never had a desk in a studio before; I've always kept my drawing separate from my painting which seems really dumb.  My dad is giving me his old easel, but for now I'm just painting on the wall. For the first time ever I am going to try and keep a studio clean. We'll see how that goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment