Monday, September 3, 2012

Thrifty Thrifting Extended



So, one of my best friend's wedding was this weekend, and I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to bust out some of my thrift store purchases.  I was with the bride all day on the day of the wedding, and we had a ton of stuff to do, so I needed something comfortable to wear.  This new dress fit the bill.  Also, my bridesmaids' dress I was wearing that night was outrageously tight, so I wanted to wear something loose and easy to prepare myself for the torment.  Seriously, it took 3 other bridesmaids to zip that dress up.
Also, another great thing about this dress, is that it looks almost exactly like a dress that I almost dropped 60 bucks on at Urban Outfitters.  This one was $6.  BOO-YAH!
Shoes: Urban Outfitters (I think these are on sale right now, go get them they are comfy)
Jewels:  Mostly Forever 21 (Big gold bangle was a gift from a million years ago that I never take off, so I have no idea where it is from)
Watch:  Thrift Store!!!!
This is the dress I wore Friday night to the rehearsal dinner.  To be honest, I can't tell you why I bought this dress.  A.) it's a sack and B.) the pattern is kind of ridiculous.  There was just something about it, I knew I had to have it.
Here is the final look.  I decided to go with lady-like accessories to counter the outrageous pattern.  I was really pleased with how this turned out.  I belted the dress and pulled a little of the fabric out up top so that it would drape over the belt.  I love the pink and the green together.  This was a very appropriate outfit without taking itself too seriously.   
 Pink purse, pink earrings, pink belt, pink shoes.  Very matchy-matchy, which is weird for me, but super fun.

Jewels:  Forever 21
Purse:  Aldo
Shoes:  Payless



1 comment:

  1. Don't put that green dress down. It has a great vibe. I want to see the other pieces modeled.

    ReplyDelete