Thursday, September 20, 2012

Twist on Some Classics


I took lunch to my dad the other day, and I decided to do a little update on some old standards.  I made chicken salad and pimento cheese but with a little more flair.  

For the chicken salad, I decided to add a little Mexican influence.  I mixed chicken, avocado, hot Rotel, cilantro, a little mayo, salt and pepper.  By the way, cans of Rotel tomatoes are always good to have in the pantry.  I throw them in everything.  This chicken salad was super dope.

For the pimento cheese I shredded a block of mild cheddar.  My grandmother says you should always shred your own cheese for pimento cheese, and so I do what she says.  Then I added a jar of pimentos, mayo, chili powder, and Siracha sauce.  I don't know if you've tried Siracha, but it is awesome.  It's another thing that is good to have around.  It added just the right amount of kick to the pimento cheese. 

These are both super simple and delicious.  Slice up a tomato, toast up some bread and  you are good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment