Thursday, September 27, 2012

We Dig South Memphis

I've been working on a mural in South Memphis all week and I thought I'd share some of the pictures.  The design is by someone from Memphis College of Art (I will try to find out who, gotta give credit where credit is due).  This is all done through the Urban Art Commission, where I am an intern along with my friend Emily Balton.  I'm showing you the back of the mural because that is what I have mostly worked on, and it's a little closer to being done.  The site is a community garden and what we are painting on is a big metal storage container. Besides the millions of mosquito bites I now have, it's been really fun experience.  I'm about to head there in about an hour to help finish it up.  But here is what it looks like so far.

Painting with Red!  My favorite, favorite color!


The wavy pattern of the metal has made it really hard to get a smooth line.  Gonna have to touch this up today.




Emily painting away!



1 comment: