Wednesday, October 10, 2012

An Artist's Attempt at Business Casual








I had a meeting to go to this morning and this is what I wore.  Going to business events in the art world (interviews, meetings, etc.) is a bit different than most.  Artists don't wear suits.  Like.....ever.  More likely, they are in casual attire.  So when attending something of this nature, I try to look nice but casual and a little on the funky side.  An actual "hairdo" would be too much, so I pulled my bedhead back in a ponytail and added a sash to make it look a bit more refined.  A men's button down (Olie's of course) looks professional but relaxed (this one is from Old Navy).  The sweater is from Target that I got a few years ago and never seem to take off.  The black pants are from Forever 21.  I wore sandals and gold hoops to make it even more casual.  All in all, I think it turned out pretty great.  I look like myself, but I also look appropriate.

By the way, I found out where to get that sweet pearl necklace my sister-in-law gave me.  Go to www.kymjewelry.etsy.com.  You can see the necklace in picture number 2 of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment