Thursday, October 18, 2012

Best DIY Ever









If you haven't noticed, coated jeans are everywhere this fall.  Ever since I saw the J Brand version in Lucky Magazine, I've been in love.  But the more I thought about it, the more I realized there must be a way to make your own.  A quick Google search for diy coated denim proved that I was right.  Now, diy clothing is something I normally avoid.  I can't tell you how many jeans I've ruined trying to make into shorts.  But this one looked so simple that I had to try it.  These are the directions I used, but I made a few changes.  I used a mixture of black acrylic paint and Golden Regular Gel Semi-Gloss, about a 50/50 mix.  I went with the semi-gloss because I didn't want them to be too shiny. Iron the pants (the heat helps the paint soak into the fibers) and paint the jeans with this mixture.  I used a foam brush.  I couldn't be more pleased with the results!  I mean, look at these dope pants!  You've got to try this out!

The rest of the outfit: Yellow Blouse: Coldwater Creak (via the thrift store), Green and White Blouse: Forever 21, Earrings: Charlotte Russe, Watch: Fossil, The rest of the jewels: Forever 21

2 comments: