Friday, November 2, 2012

Fettucini With Garlicky Kale and Greek Yogurt Sauce

Whipped this up for a quick lunch yesterday.  The Greek yogurt sauce is a great alternative to a heavy alfredo sauce.  It scratches the same itch, without all the heavy cream.  I'm a little funny about Greek yogurt; I find that different brands make a huge difference.  Some brands are too dry or too sharp.  I like The Greek Gods Traditional Plain Greek Yogurt.  I have to drive to a different Kroger to get it, and it's worth it.  But use what you like.  I made just enough for me, so if you are cooking for more than one person, double or triple or whatever my measurements.  Here's what I did:

Saute about 1 cup kale and 2 cloves garlic in a bit of olive oil.  Kale should wilt, but still stay a little crunchy.

Cook pasta.  I used a Meredith amount, which is way too much.  And then I ate it all.  Try not to do that.

Add pasta to kale mixture.  Add a few big spoonfuls of the pasta water (the starches in the water will thicken the sauce).  Add two heaping tablespoons of Greek yogurt.  Add about 1 tablespoon olive oil and a sprinkling of mozzarella (parmesan would be good as well).  Mix this all together until the pasta is evenly coated.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and freshly ground nutmeg.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment