Wednesday, November 14, 2012

How I Shop





As I was putting this outfit post together, I realized that each of these pieces is from one of my three favorite places to shop.  The sweater is from Forever 21, the blue top is from Urban Outfitters, and the harem pants are from American Apparel.  Now I love clothes, but I hate shopping.  Shopping makes me want things I don't need and spend money I don't have.  So spending hours in the mall, roaming from store to store is not really on my to-do list.  I shop at  Urban Outfitters and American Apparel for a couple of reasons.  1). Both stores have a small collection of great, high quality clothes.  2).  Both are super close to my house 3.) Both are not in a mall.  The rest of my wardrobe is mostly from Forever 21.  I know I can get trendy, cheap clothes there.

For most people, myself included, buying clothes all the time is not practical.  I try to do a lot of shopping in my own closet.  I know we all get that I-have-nothing-to wear feeling from time to time, but look again.  If you are like me, you have tons of great clothes that are waiting to be remixed into new and interesting outfits.

When I really want something new, but I'm flat broke, I'll head to the thrift store.  I can pick up something that I know no one else will be wearing for 5 bucks or less.  Sometimes, you just need to scratch the I-need-something-new itch.

1 comment:

  1. That is really astute advice. Also, please expound on the earrings.

    ReplyDelete