Monday, November 12, 2012

Memfix

On Saturday, Olie and I headed to Memfix in the Crosstown area.  Tons of food, beer, booths, music, etc.  We had such a great time!  I ate veggie tacos from Fuel and had a Copperhead Red from Ghost River.  This was actually the first time I had eaten from Fuel and it was really delicious.  I paid an extra dollar to get avocado on my tacos and it was totally worth it.  I definitely got my dollar's worth.

There was so much going on all day.  There were ramps set up for skateboarding, bouncy castles and slides, tons of people selling jewelry and art, and did I mention food and beer?  The smell of fried food was intoxicating.  Thanks to Memfix for a super fun day!  

Here are some photos I took at the event.  Big thanks to Emily Balton for letting me use her camera! I'm hooked! 

Me and Olie at the Urban Art Tent.

Signs on the Sears Building

Food Trucks

One of the booths

Lots of little kids were hula hooping.  I didn't get a picture cuz I didn't want the parents to think I was creepy.

Olie

Mermaid Billboard.  This is pretty awesome.

The whole event was around the old Sears Building.

One of the many bands playing.

Shoes! There are tons of cute shops in that area I had no idea were there.

Love these Grizzlies bouncies!

More fun for the kids.

Emily's awesome tag.

Awesome street art.

The Fuel truck.

See?  Tons of avocado.
  


2 comments:

  1. Is it my imagination, or is Memphis on the verge of becoming completely cool? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete