Friday, November 30, 2012

My Handy Dandy Pizza Dough pt. 2


Sorry, I've been a bit heavy on the food posts lately. It's the holidays so I feel like all I've been doing is cooking and eating. I've got another great recipe today using Jamie Oliver's pizza dough. This one is a little more pizza-y, but the flavors are very unexpected (and pretty great, if I do say so myself).  Speaking of the holidays, this would be a great appetizer for a party.  It's elegant and delicious, but really easy to throw together.  I'm a big fan of recipes that make me seem like an awesome cook, but in actuality, were really simple to make.

Raspberry, Red Onion and Gorgonzola Flat Bread

Make pizza dough ( recipe here)

Separate dough in half. Spread half of dough onto a greased cookie sheet. I like to spread it a bit unevenly; it gives the flat bread a more rustic look. Let rise for ten minutes.
Spread entire dough with raspberry jam. Now, not to play favorites, but I only use Polaner's All-Fruit. When making this recipe, look for this stuff.  It's just fruit, there is no added sugar.  You don't want a sweet jam, you need a tart jam.



Now cover the flat bread with sliced red onion. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese. So......a quick word on Gorgonzola. It is funky. I mean.......super funky. But don't be afraid!  The onions and the raspberry jam really mellow it out.  These flavors really complement each other.


Slide the flat bread into a 500 degree oven. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.  This is super yummy.  And really easy.  Take this to your next holiday party.  Its minimal work, with maximum impact.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like the most delicious thing ever! Is this recipe a Meredith original?

    And anyone who is reading this post, ditto on the Polaner All-Fruit. It is the best! Plus, relatively guilt-free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this is one of my own. Most of the recipes (minus the baked goods) are my own.

    ReplyDelete