Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pizza Rolls


The other night I was craving pizza (big shock), but I wasn't in the mood for the usual thing.  So I came up with this little number: pizza rolls.  I used my regular pizza dough recipe (thank you Jamie Oliver for this life-changing recipe).  All I did was spread it out into a rectangle, added toppings (I used cheese, pepperoni, spinach, and basil), then rolled up the dough into a log.  This dough is pretty easy to handle, so this shouldn't be hard, but don't force it.  Just gently roll it.  Then I sliced the dough into 1 1/2 inch size slices. Turn your oven on as high as it will go, and bake for about 12-15 minutes.  Keep an eye on these, you don't want them to burn.  I put out a bowl of my homemade marinara for dipping.  These were super yummy and surprisingly beautiful.  They would be perfect for a party, dressed up with a little prosciutto or pancetta and some gourmet cheeses.  But for a weeknight, they made for a super fun and unexpected dinner!







2 comments: