Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Breakfast Nachos with Goat Cheese

Dude.  This is so good.  Dude.

If you haven't noticed, I love Mexican food.  Almost as much as I love breakfast food.  Breakfast is the best meal of the day.  I think I could eat scrambled eggs at every meal of the day.  But then my cholesterol would be through the roof and my arteries would be screaming in protest.  So, I try to restrain myself.

I treated myself to a log of goat cheese the other day (another favorite of mine) and I've been finding tons of fun and delicious ways to eat it.  Besides plain and in large quantities..  This is one of my concoctions.  I really loved this dish.  It's simple and delicious.  Breakfast dishes shouldn't take too long to make or be too complicated.  It's just too early.

Here's how to recreate it: spread a layer of refried beans on a plate.  Click here for my un-fried refried beans recipe.  Then I add a layer of tortilla chips.  I like to cut corn tortillas into eighths, spray with canola oil spray, sprinkle with chili powder, and bake in a 500 degree oven for about 10 minutes.  Much tastier than bagged tortilla chips.  Then I topped this with 2 scrambled eggs, diced avocado, pico de gallo, jalepenos, green onions, and goat cheese.  Click here for my pico de gallo recipe.

This is so good.  The goat cheese really makes this a special dish.  And how fun are nachos for breakfast!? 

1 comment:

  1. What have we always said is the most important thing? Breakfast.

    But seriously, I would eat this any time of the day or night. I do love nachos. And breakfast.

    ReplyDelete