Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce



I love meatballs.  Not only are they delicious, but they are very versatile.  I like to make up a batch of meatballs and then throw them into tons of different dishes. Also, I'm not a big meat eater, so one or two meatballs is all I really need to be satisfied. I generally make Italian meatballs, but for a recent potluck, I decided to make a Greek style meatball. I had never made them before, so I just kind of combined a few recipes I found into one. I used a mixture of pork and beef, since my local grocery store doesn't carry ground lamb, but you can use lamb to make them even yummier and Greekier (Greekier?)

Greek Meatballs

1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork
1 egg
1/4 cup bread crumbs ( I used Panko)
1 small tomato, grated
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 of one onion, diced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
Salt, pepper, cumin

Combine all ingredients by hand. Shape into 1 1/2 inch sized balls bake for thirty minutes on 400 degrees.  Pretty simple.

Tzatziki Sauce

1 cup Greek yogurt
Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
1/4 cup fresh dill
1 small cucumber, diced
Salt and pepper (if needed)

Combine.  That's it. These recipes are super simple and party perfect ( especially a party with a bunch of dudes. I don't know what the deal is with men and meat, but they love it)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, of course.

    Greekier. Makes sense to me honey...

    ReplyDelete