Monday, December 17, 2012

Local

Yesterday I finally went to the new midtown Local for brunch.  I'm a sucker for a good brunch.  I'm an even bigger sucker for a good mimosa, and I can honestly say, their Midtown Mimosa is the best I've ever had.  It's got all the normal ingredients (champagne and orange juice) with a few extras: vodka and St Germain.  This mimosa tastes like heaven.  For real.

The menu is diverse but not extensive (which I like.  I don't want too many options.  Just really good ones). However I still had trouble ordering since ever single item sounded amazing.  I ended up getting the Chorizo Bolognese with Gouda Grits.  Seriously yummy.  Olie ordered the Pecan Crust Chicken with Sweet Potato Waffle.  I stole a little bite.  Very good.  I liked both of these entrees because they are just good old Southern classics taken to the next level.

I have to say though, I think the best part of Local is the atmosphere.  There are tons of people there, everyone is drinking and having a good time, and the decor is manly, modern, and comfortable.  There are enough TVs to make it convenient for sports watching, but not so many that you're distracted if you don't care.  The downside of Local is the price.  Most of the items on the menu are over $12, which, on my budget, makes Local more of a special occasion restaurant.  However, the draft beers are reasonably priced, making Local perfect for meeting friends to watch a Grizzlies game and maybe splitting an appetizer.

A great restaurant!  Can't wait to go back!  I already have my next entree picked out; lobster tacos? yes, please!
Ghost River 1887 IPA and a Bloody Mary.  Watch out!  The Bloody Marys are spicy!

My Chorizo Bolognese with Gouda Cheese Grits

Olie's Pecan Crust Chicken and Sweet Potato Waffles

The Midtown Mimosa.  Heaven in a glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment