Friday, January 25, 2013

An Unexpected Art Show


The coolest thing happened to me yesterday.  I was driving down Central Avenue, I took a right turn onto Cooper, drove under the bridge and this is what I saw.  Someone had curated a nice little art show in the middle of midtown.  I frantically drove home, grabbed my camera and raced back to snap some photos.  Lesson learned? Never leave home without your camera.

I love to see artists working outside of the system to get their art seen.  This was so encouraging to me as an artist.  I'm not sure if this is a group of artists or just one, but bravo to you, whoever you are.  What a gift to the community!  I'm not sure how long this will stay up (probably not long), but I'm so glad I got to see it.  And that I got to snap it so that I can share it with all of you!

These artists could not have picked a better place to display their work.  I think this is one of the most beautiful areas in midtown, and seeing the way artists are responding to it, I'm not alone (click here for an outfit post that I did in this very spot a few months ago).  There are lots of artists around town that are using the city as a backdrop to their art.  I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for more gems like this to share with you.






1 comment: