Friday, March 22, 2013

A Busy Week

This has been the craziest/best week.  I'm still reeling from a lot of big news and I'm preparing for a crazy weekend.  This week has also been full of fun little things that aren't as important, but are still really exciting.  Here's what's been going down in the Olinger household.

1.  We finally know where Olie will be a resident come July.  WHAT UP, UT MEMPHIS!  This is a huge relief, to say the least.
2.  We found the perfect house to rent and we officially move April 15th, which is our 7 year anniversary (dating, not married!).  Gotta start packing!
3.  I learned how to make perfect Mexican rice at home.  I think this may be the best thing that happened this week.  I can't wait to share this recipe with you.  This is pretty much what I've eaten all week.  That and ham and cheese sandwiches (#hamandcheese).

4.  I've been preparing for 10 months for my church choir's Palm Sunday concert (that's this Sunday).  The week before is always a bit tense.  I'm still a bit shaky on some of the music, so I still have a little work to do.  If you're in the area and are free Sunday night you should come.  This music is incredible.


5.  Olie bought me some flowers and I decided to try my hand at a cute little arrangement.  For some reason, I'm a bit intimidated by floral arranging.  I usually just throw them in a vase and hope for the best.  But I decided to try something simple, and I was very excited by the outcome.  Much better than how I had them displayed.  I'm hoping to have flowers more often in the new house, so I need to start figuring out how to arrange them (hello, Pinterest).  These coffee mugs are from Anthropologie (they still have them, and they are pretty cheap).


7.  Also, if you haven't noticed, I've given my blog a little makeover.  I must say, I'm pretty pleased with the results.  If you haven't already, use the links on the side to follow me on twitter, facebook, pinterest, bloglovin', and to check out my website.

8.  I went to a yoga class for the first time in over a year.  I love yoga, but the classes always seem to be at the worst time.  Or I make up some excuse not to go.  Not this week!  I'm still very sore, but I can't wait to go again.

9.  Not only did I get a ton of painting done this week, I've also started drawing on my iPad.  I'm completely obsessed.  I'm just using Brushes right now (which is a free program), but if anyone knows any good programs, pass the info along.  Here is one of my favorite drawings I've done so far.


10.  And last, but not least, I am in an art show this weekend.  It's a show that my friend puts on every year for students (I'm not a student anymore, but she asked me to participate).  It's not juried, it's just a group of students showing awesome work.  If you are interested, it is this Saturday from 4-6 p.m. at Self Tucker Architectural Firm, 505 Tennessee St.

All in all, a great week.  How did your week go?

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I like that iPad art. See, apps are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art show? Tonight? Dang.

    But I just want the mexican rice recipe.

    ReplyDelete