Wednesday, April 17, 2013

New House!

Hello Everyone!  Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I've been super busy because OLIE AND I HAVE OFFICIALLY MOVED INTO OUR FIRST HOUSE!  It's been fun/exhausting.  The place is a mess, everything has to be painted, and I can't find anything.  Most importantly, I can't find the cord that connects my camera to the computer.  I was going to show you some of the projects we have been working on but................that's not happening.  So, I thought I would show you some of the things that are inspiring our new place.

I'm currently painting everything I can get my hands on yellow and this is the reason why.  When I saw these yellow chairs on A Beautiful Mess, I fell in love.  However, yellow paint refuses to cover, so I'm on my third or fourth coat of paint and still am not getting a solid color.  No rest for the weary!

This is a model of Ross Bleckner's studio by artist Joe Fig. (On a side note, if you are an artist and you haven't read Inside the Painter's Studio by Joe Fig, I highly recommend it.  It's a quick read and it's very inspiring).  What I love most about this space is the railing around the walls that the paintings are propped up on.  Olie is currently building something similar for me.  It's awesome.  This will keep me from stacking paintings all over the place.  I really want my new studio to be clean and functional.  Clean being the most important thing.
Olie and I also started our first garden.  We don't know much about gardening, so we bought All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew.  That's Mel there showing off his handiwork.  You build these cute little raised beds and grid them off into 16 1' x 1' squares.  Each square is devoted to a different plant.  This way, the garden takes up way less space.  I'm hoping that soon I will be able to post recipes with ingredients straight from our garden.  Though, it is our first garden, so it might be a fiasco.

I'm still in the beginning phases of decorating, but here are a few more images that are inspiring me.



To see all my New House inspiration, check out my New House Pinterest Board.  All images from Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your new house looks huge! Who's that guy standing in your garden?

    I'm joking, btw. Can't wait to see the place.

    ReplyDelete