Monday, April 29, 2013

White, Stripes, and Yellow Chairs

Here is just a little look in my new kitchen.  I'm really digging how big and open it is.  My one complaint is that it is a little dark, which makes taking food photos a little challenging, but I'll figure it out.  I had a few friends over for dinner on Friday and this is what I wore.  I tried to keep it simple since it was mostly guys who were there.  Also, I've just been feeling simpler looks lately.  For dinner I cooked White Bean, Quinoa, and Roasted Red Pepper Burgers (see Friday's post), Russet and Sweet Potatoes with Rosemary (chop them up, add a little olive oil, top with pepper, salt, and rosemary, and then cook them for 45 minutes to an hour) and Chocolate Tacos (recipe coming soon).  I had no leftovers, which is always a good sign.

I've only been in my new house for 2 weeks and I have already entertained about 5 or 6 times.  Any entertaining tips?  I've already learned that some people don't listen when you say byob so you have to have a little extra alcohol around.  I also try to make simple, make-ahead meals so that I'm not slaving away in the kitchen and not enjoying myself.  What are your entertaining secrets?

Striped Sweatshirt: Old Navy (men's), White Jeans: Wal-Mart, Assorted Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment