Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Beach Beauty Essentials

Untitled #1




Staying pretty at the beach is all about simplicity.  Let's be  honest, any make-up you wear is going to be beaten away by sand, sweat, water and sun, so best not put too much on.  But I always feel better with a little bit of make-up, so here are my go-to beach products.

1.  Super City Block by Clinique.  This has just the tiniest bit of color in it plus some hefty sunscreen.  

2.  Nars Blush in Orgasm.  Yes, I know, it's cheesy, but beauty products are cult classics for a reason.  This gives me the prettiest glow.  It's like I have just a tiny sunburn, without the negative effects of an actual sunburn.

3.  Bare Escentuals A Little Sun All-Over Face Color.  Because of my fair complexion, most bronzers make my skin look dirty.  This bronzer is really light and gives me just a bit of color.  

4.  Cover Girl Lip Perfection in any color.  This stuff is the bomb!  I have a few colors and they are all beautiful.  And cheap!  These act more like a stain than a lipstick, which is perfect for the beach.  Get one without the shimmery stuff, they last longer.  Like........you can't get them off.

5.  Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb.  This is the perfume that I wear everyday.  No point in not smelling amazing at the beach.  And it mixes well with the scent of sunscreen.  

6.  OPI Nail Polish.  Go for an unexpected color.  Everyone wears bright colors at the beach, but I wore a dark green (not this exact one, I wore I Come in Peas, which is one of the Sephora by OPI colors).  I like to keep things interesting.

And last but not least, SUNSCREEN!  Don't forget the sunscreen!  My tip for not getting burned?  Start your day with a generous coat of high SPF lotion (50 and up people, 15 and 30 aren't doing anything.  Stop kidding yourself), and then I re-coat every hour with a high SPF spray.  The sprays don't give you an even coating, so you need to be sure and start with a lotion, but I love them because they make re-coating fast and easy.  I try to get another lotion coat at some point during the day, normally around lunchtime.  If you don't want to get burned, you have to be serious about it.  Everyone I went to the beach with got burned except for me.  Sunscreens only last for about 80 minutes, so be sure to re-apply accordingly.  Also, SPFs begin to break down after a year.  Don't use last year's lotion. Buy fresh SPF.  Nothing ruins a beach trip like a sunburn.  

I also don't wear eye-makeup at the beach.  I've got my cute sunglasses, what do I need eye-makeup for?  Also, I have yet to find a waterproof mascara that can last a whole day at the beach.  

And there you have it, my beach essentials!  Any beauty tips for the beach?  

1 comment:

  1. Conditioner in your hair.

    A hat!

    Don't forget to slather the tops of your feet with sunscreen.

    ReplyDelete