Tuesday, June 25, 2013

In My Lunchbox

Now that I have a full-time job, I'm back to packing a lunch everyday.  Now, I'll be honest, I really get into packing a lunch.  My thirty minute lunch break is my me time, so I like to have something to really look forward to.  I know most people are a little unimaginative when it comes to packing a lunch (PB&J everyday? no thanks), so I thought I would start sharing some of my combinations.

Remember yesterday's homemade bread?  Talk about something to look forward to!  I made a salmon salad (a.k.a tuna salad, just with salmon).  I kept it simple: a little mayonnaise, a hardboiled egg, some onion, salt and pepper.  Some celery would be great if you've got it around.  Then I took a salad.  Don't mix your salad in the morning; mix it up at lunch.  I take a ziploc full of spinach leaves, a seperate ziploc with coleslaw mix, and then a ziploc with chopped tomatoes.  I add my dressing to the tomatoes, they soak it up and get really tasty, but they don't get mushy.

And there you have it: a simple, delicious, and healthy lunch.  No more PB&J's.

*sorry for the crappy picture, I took it at work.
*also, not trying to hate on PB&J's.  I really love PB&J's.

No comments:

Post a Comment