Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Update On The Starving Artist

So, if you regularly follow my blog, you must have realized the recent lack of posts.  It's been a bit nuts over here in the Starving Artist household and I've had to take a little break just to get my life in order and to focus on some things that needed my attention.  So here's what's been going on:

1.  My husband graduated from Medical School (notice the picture above), which is pretty incredible.  This is the culmination of about ten years of hard work and I can't believe that it has finally happened.    With this comes many ceremonies, multiple parties and lots of impromptu celebratory margaritas.  I'm so proud of him and it's been a blast, but also a bit exhausting.

2.  I've started my first full-time job.  I absolutely love it, but it has been a HUGE adjustment for me.

3.  We moved.  You knew that already and it has been about a month, but it just won't die.  I swear that the boxes are reproducing in the garage.  Also, the general sprucing-up our our new home is taking much longer than anticipated (all the trim in our house is beige.  WHY WOULD YOU PAINT TRIM BEIGE!!!????).

Now that you have all of my lame excuses for why I haven't been posting, here are some things I'm looking forward to with regards to The Starving Artist:

1.  My in-laws gave me a sewing machine.  I've always wanted one and I can't wait to learn how to use it.  I know how to hand sew and embroider pretty well, but I have no idea how to work a sewing machine.  Today (which is my day off) I am reading the entire instruction manual front to back.  My first two projects are going to be a pillow and a maxi skirt.  If they go well, I will be sharing them with you here.

2.  One of our best friends gave my husband a grill for graduation.  I've always wanted to learn how to grill, but I've always been intimidated by it.  My husband is pretty good at it, so we begin lessons tonight.  I want to share with you all what I learn.  Plus, we should get some pretty kick-ass recipes along the way.

3.  My friends have been very vocal about what they like (and don't like) about the blog.  One friend complained that there is no men's fashion, and I thought it would be great to throw that in from time to time.  I have a pretty stylish husband, who has agreed to model for the Starving Artist (I honestly don't know how I talked him into this).  I'm incredibly influenced by men's fashion (I steal my husbands clothes on a daily basis) so I'm excited to add this to my blog.

I'm so excited about moving forward here at The Starving Artist.  Thank you all so much for stopping by this little project of mine on a daily/weekly basis.  Your support means the world to me.

3 comments:

  1. Those are pretty lame excuses. We depend on you.

    JUST KIDDING!!! It all sounds very exciting. And you're right, exhausting. Can't wait to see all the new Starving Artist posts.

    And great picture. Dr. and Mrs. Starving Artist.

    ReplyDelete