Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bruschetta, Spinach, and Feta Pizza


I love using pizza night to clean out my fridge.  It's really fun to throw a bunch of random leftovers onto a pizza.  Some of these pizzas have been amazing.  Others were just weird (black-eyed peas are not a recommended pizza topping for a reason).   But even a bad pizza is a good pizza.  So I just go for it.

I also love making pizzas just for myself.  My husband and I have completely opposite tastes when it comes to pizza.  He loves meat and jalepenos and barely any cheese.  I like as many cheeses as possible, lots of veggies, and an entire jar of olives.  And maybe a few more olives.  I love olives.

So last night, since I was just cooking for me, I decided to make a pizza.  A leftover/Meredith pizza.  I had some bruschetta that I needed to get rid of and some spinach that was starting to look a little droopy.  What emerged may be one of the best pizzas I've ever made.  An instant classic!

Bruschetta, Spinach and Feta Pizza

Make a pizza dough according to directions.  (Click here for my recipe.  It's the bomb).

Top pizza with bruschetta (Click here for my recipe.  Also, very delicious).

Now top with feta, mozzarella, and spinach.

 Preheat oven as high as it will go (at least 500 degrees).  Cook pizza for 12 to 15 minutes.
Now enjoy!  This pizza is just perfect.  I ate it for dinner last night, lunch today, and dinner tonight.  I can't stop.  I have one piece left and I don't think it will make it through the night.  I will definitely be making this one again.

1 comment: