Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ham and Egg Spaghetti

I've been feeling very uninspired in the kitchen.  Lately, the only thing I cook are tacos, pizza, and ham and cheese sandwiches.  Today is my day off, and I wanted to cook myself something really yummy for breakfast, but my cooking brain just wasn't working.  Finally, after listening to my stomach grown for about 45 minutes, I realized I had to eat something.  I almost just went ahead and ate my usual morning oatmeal, until I suddenly remembered this delicious little dish.

Ok, I know, it looks humble.  It's not exotic, but it is delicious.

Here's how it's done:

Cook enough pasta for one person.  Drain and place in a saute pan on low heat.  Add two beaten eggs, a little bit of sliced ham, some peas, a pat of butter, and a little sharp cheddar cheese.  Mix this with a spatula until the eggs have cooked.  Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.

A lot of people make this with bacon, but as I've mentioned before, I'm not a huge bacon person.  Ham on the other hand? Bring it on.  This is a tasty little dish.  It's kind of like mac and cheese.  The eggs make a silky sauce that coats the noodles and is very addicting.  I'm actually kind of sad that I remembered this one.  I will probably start eating it way too much.

You can also make this without cheese.  But why would you want to do that?


1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten that one too.

    Guess what's for dinner Friday night!

    ReplyDelete