Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Men's Fashion: An Introduction












As promised, I'm introducing a little men's fashion onto the Starving Artist.  I'm very influenced by men's fashion (I frequently shop in the men's department or in my husband's closet).  And to be honest, is there anything better than a well-dressed man?  Ok, maybe a well dressed-man handing me a donut. So I'll be sharing some of my  husband's awesome outfits.   A big thank you to Olie for modeling (I only talked him into it by allowing him to drink a Sierra Nevada at the same time).

Over the past 7 years I've watched Olie's sense of fashion dramatically change.  I think I can take a bit of credit for that, but I don't think that you can be with someone and not begin to take an interest in what they do and love (for example: I know way too much about medicine and Marvel vs. Capcom).  Here are a couple of tips I have for men who are trying to be stylish (or for girlfriends/wives/sisters who are trying to whip the men in their lives into shape).

1. Buy clothes that fit.  Baggy clothes don't look good on anyone.
2.  Don't be afraid of accessories.  Check out Olie's glasses, watch, and chunky wedding ring.  They completely make this outfit.
3.  Find a store that has good clothes for your body and be loyal to it.  Men don't love shopping like women do (generally) so don't waste your time in a bunch of different stores.  Olie is a loyal J. Crew shopper, which is great.  He knows his size in everything, so now he doesn't even go in the store.  He just picks a few things online when he needs something new.
4.  Stay groomed.  Not really a fashion tip, but keeping your hair, brows, and beard in shape really makes a difference in your look.
5.  Buy good quality classics.  Men's fashion is about quality over quantity.


Shirt: Old Navy, Shorts: J. Crew Factory, Shoes: Calvin Klein, Glasses: Ray Ban, Watch: Movado

2 comments:

  1. I like the shot through the leaves. Are you a stalker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I wanna be featured in the men's fashion section of your blog!

    ReplyDelete