Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hump Day Artist: Sergey Nielsen

This week's Hump Day Artist is Sergey Svaitchenko aka Sergey Nielsen.  I happened upon his work while doing some research (read: surfing the web out of boredom) last week.  I fell in love with these intimate, beautiful paintings.  I'm a sucker for art that straddles the line between graceful and a complete mess.  I feel like if just one brushstroke were missing from these paintings, the whole thing would fall apart.  Nielsen knows a thing or two about restraint.  Also, I love seeing artists who admire fashion as much as I do.

Here's the thing: can't find much information about this artist.  Every site I found was in Danish, or  just had images of his work.  There isn't even a wikipedia article on him!  Now I'm intrigued.  Time for some real research on this guy (read: surfing the web with a purpose).  If you like Nielsen's work, check out Elizabeth Peyton, Chantal Joffe (click here for my Hump Day Artist article on her), and Karen Kilimnik.

For more of Sergey Nielsen's work check out closeupandprivate.com (this also includes some of his photographs, which are also pretty great).







No comments:

Post a Comment