Friday, October 4, 2013

I Need An Intervention


I'm having a serious new obsession. It's not the pie. Forget the pie. Don't even look at it. It's the fluffy mound of amazing-ness on top of it. Oh yeah. Homemade whipped cream.

Oh whipped cream!  I wish I could quit you! But I can't. I give up.

I will say, it's always the simple things that get me. Bread and butter. Black coffee. A perfect strawberry. So, it's really no surprise that whipped cream is my new crack. I always try to eat a healthy breakfast. I've succeeded in this for 25 years. No longer.  I'm broken.

So maybe you shouldn't make it for yourself. Maybe you should keep eating your healthy breakfast, instead of spoonfuls of whipped cream (there are a few strawberries in there. Maybe a little granola.  Maybe). You should go on living in a world where there is no such thing as homemade whipped cream. You're probably better off.

Who am I kidding, you need this! We all need this. Buy some heavy whipping cream. Add a handful of sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla extract (apparently, it's great with a little rum in it).  Whip the crap out of it.  You want it nice and firm.  Then add to everything. Granola. Fruit. Coffee.  Hamburgers (honestly, I would eat this, I have a problem).

Your whipped cream will keep its shape for about 3 or 4 days, if you're lucky.  So, eat it up.

1 comment:

  1. You crazy! Forget the pie? How could I ever forget the pie? The pie is a-mazing!!!!! More pie! More pie!

    ReplyDelete