Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving At Audubon

Here is my Thanksgiving outfit.  Yesterday was such a beautiful day, I decided to stop by Audubon Park to take my outfit photos.  We're having an incredibly beautiful, but incredibly cold fall here in Memphis.  I am not dressed appropriately here, I need about ten more layers.  I don't really know what I was thinking.

I borrowed this dress from my sister-in-law for the occasion.  I'm not much of a borrower, I don't know why.  Clothes are so personal, I've always felt like I was letting someone wear my identity if I let them wear my clothes (I know, I'm a freak).  But I'm getting over that; it's fun to raid someone else's closet.  I especially love going through Olie's sister's closet because it's insane.  She has great taste and lots of stuff!  I don't have a "real" sister, so I like that I have 2 sister-in-laws that I can steal from.  I thought this dress would be perfect for overeating.  I refuse to wear anything formfitting on Thanksgiving.

I also stole a hairdryer from Emily and blew my hair out yesterday.  I haven't blow-dried my hair since high school (wow, I am really weird).  I kind of wish I hadn't done it, cuz I think it looks awesome.  It was so fluffy and straight all day long.  I'm going to try and only blow-dry it on special occasions.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I was going to do some work today, but so far I've just been looking at online Black Friday sales, eating leftover cake, and watching Olie play Zelda.  It's kind of awesome.

Dress: Borrowed, Tights: Target, Boots: Zara, Watch: Fossil, Assorted Jewels

2 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! Is Olie your photographer? These shots are gorg. I especially love the second to last pic (the close up). You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with Ms. Matravers. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete