Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thinking About Thanksgiving

This year, I've been put in charge of the dessert for Thanksgiving.  I love to bake, so I was initially very excited about this task.  However, now I'm at a complete loss for what I should make.  It's not that I can't think of anything, I just can't seem to narrow it down!  I'm sure many of you are in a similar situation, so I thought I'd run through some of my favorite desserts that I've blogged here on The Starving Artist.
Here is my Homemade Heath Bar Cake.  This is a crowd pleaser.  Kids, adults, and picky eaters all love this.

I love Homemade Salty Caramels, and they are perfect for family gatherings where there is more food than you can shake a stick at.  They aren't going to weigh you down, but they are still a nice little sweet treat for the end of the meal.  Cuz let's be honest, turkey and dressing are the star of the show.  By the time dessert comes around everyone is too stuffed to eat much, so this is a great option.












Maple Stout Quick Bread is probably my husband's favorite dessert, so I might end up taking it to his family's house for Thanksgiving.  If your family sits around after the meal drinking coffee, then this is the perfect choice.  
This is a great one for non-bakers: Raspberry, Red Onion, and Gorgonzola Flat Bread.  I always make my own pizza dough, but if you don't have time/are a terrible baker then you can just buy a pre-made dough.  Then just assemble and slide in the oven.  Very easy.
Here is the dessert that I'm leaning toward: Lemon and Olive Oil Cake.  It's light, sweet, and unexpected.  Whip up some cream and top with fresh berries to make it extra special.

Ok, we're kind of getting into breakfast territory now, but I don't care.  These Chocolate Chip Scones are awesome.  Butter, sugar and chocolate.  What else do you need?
The ultimate: Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread with Bacon.  So good.  SOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!  I mean.....it's Thanksgiving.  The one day of the year where it is perfectly acceptable to eat until you throw up and then go back for more.  So why not?

What are you baking for Thanksgiving?  Any pie people out there?

1 comment: