Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Here Comes 2014! Let's Look Back, Shall We?


Ah, 2013! I have to say, for the first time ever, I'm really glad this year is coming to a close. This was one of the hardest years of my life, full of growing pains, limitations, confusion, fear, and pain. I definitely had my quarter life crisis! As I sat down to write this, however, I started looking through my photos from the last year and I realized something: this year hasn't been all that bad! A lot of pretty incredible things happened in 2013. If you focus on the bad, that is all you will see. Hard times make us stronger, so I am grateful for a challenging year. I know that I will go into 2014 better for it.

So let's focus on the fun stuff! Let's remember 2013 as the year that my style became outrageously preppy:

The year that my husband matched to the UTHSC Internal Medicine Program:

The year that I cooked and ate the spiciest thing I've ever eaten and loved it:

The year that I tried to grill (it didn't go all that well):

The year that we tried to garden (also, not very successful):

The year the Grizzlies had an INCREDIBLE season!:

The year that my husband became a pretty good cook (here he is rolling sushi):

The year that I really pushed myself in the kitchen (check out my beautiful Choco Tacos):

And consequently made some flubs (orange and chocolate rustic bread? very gross):

All in all, it's been a good year. I hope everyone has a fun night. Be safe! Don't do anything stupid!

I love you all. Thanks for stopping by and keeping me going. You all encourage me so much. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year. Please continue to keep us all posted. On everything!

    ReplyDelete