Friday, January 31, 2014

Beer To Pick Up This Weekend: Sam Adams Hop Tour


Well, it's that time of year again: Superbowl Time. Who are we rooting for? Honestly, I don't know anything about football (I'm more of a basketball girl), but I love watching it with my brother. He's so into it that I find myself cheering and screaming along with him. So, that's what I'll be doing this weekend: watching the Superbowl with my brother and lots of out-of-town friends, and making fun of Bruno Mars.

One thing I do love about football is that it gives you an excuse to eat too many snacks and drink too many beers. I know most of you will be picking up a few six-packs this weekend, so I thought I'd give you a recommendation: Sam Adams Hop Tour. This is a combination pack of three very delicious beers. To be honest, I normally avoid Sam Adams mixed packs like the plague. Not that Sam Adams doesn't make good beer, they most certainly do. But they make a few really really bad beers that they always sneak into their mixed packs (White Christmas is a seasonal beer to definitely avoid and Cherry Wheat may be the most disgusting beer I've ever had). The Sam Adams Hop Tour, however, is quite different. It includes 2 Latitude 48 IPAs, 2 WhiteWater Pils, and 2 Noble Pils. This is just a nice little collection of beers. Yes, they are all a bit hoppy (hence the name), but they will go really well with all of the salty snacks you will be eating on SuperBowl Sunday. This is a great collection to share with a friend, since there are two of each beer. My husband and I split this pack while we were painting our guest bedroom the other day (home improvement is always better with a little beer). It's also great to bring to a party, since it gives guests some choice. The Latitude 48 IPA is my favorite, but all three are delicious.

Have a fun and safe SuperBowl Sunday! I'm rooting for the Broncos! You know....Peyton Manning is awesome. I am from Tennessee, after all.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete