Saturday, February 22, 2014

Beer To Pick Up This Weekend: Lagunitas IPA

The weekend is just getting started for me. I have three days off! THREE! I have a lot on my to-do list: lots of pinning, blogging, and watching Sherlock. I don't know if I'm going to be able to get it all done. It's gonna be tough.

One thing I wish I could do this weekend is drink this beer. I only recently discovered it. Reason: you can't get it in Memphis. I went to visit my brother and his wife (who live in Nashville) and I had it at Burger Republic (a pretty great burger, even better spiked milkshakes, and tater tots with truffle oil. Need I say more?). Then I went to Knoxville to visit some friends and I had it at another burger joint (overrated and not worth mentioning). I picked up a six-pack in Knoxville and I was so sad when I finished it. Why this beer is in Nashville and Knoxville and not Memphis is beyond me. Hurry up Memphis and get this awesome beer (Cash Saver, I'm talking to you!). Memphians want a Lagunitas IPA with their burger too!

It's just a damn good IPA. No fuss, no frills, just good. It's not going to knock you down with it's IPA-ness (a very technical beer term), but it's not wimpy either. It's got a score of 87 on BeerAdvocate which classifies this beer as "very good." I think maybe the reason why I like it so much is that I have to travel to get it (we covered this topic when we discussed Abita Strawberry Lager). But if you happen to live in a city that has it, give it a try. If you do try it, leave me a comment letting me know what you think. And what city you are in. I'd like to know who's got it.

Since I won't be drinking a Lagunitas this weekend, I'll have to try something new to recommend to you guys (my life is so hard sometimes). And I promise it won't be an IPA. I pinky promise.

As always, drink responsibly. Preferably on your couch while watching Sherlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment