Saturday, March 22, 2014

Beer To Pick Up This Weekend: 312 Urban Wheat Ale by Goose Island


I'm so loving writing beer reviews. Mainly because it gives me an excuse to try every beer in sight. Have I had a few disappointments? Of course. But the journey is so fun.

As I browsed Kroger's beer aisle the other day, this beer caught my eye: 312 Urban Wheat Ale by Goose Island. As you may or may not know, my very first beer review was one by Goose Island, so I was immediately intrigued. I have to say, Sophie by Goose Island is one of my all-time favorite beers. It is, however, a bit on the pricey side, so I reserve it for special occasions. This is a great alternative. It's light and crisp but has a nice bite on the end. Sharp but refreshing, this beer reminds me a lot of the Sophie. It doesn't have the champaign-y aftertaste, but it still has a bit of sparkle. I'm sold.

BeerAdvocate gives it a score of 78 (which classifies as okay). I know, I know, that's two okay beers back to back. But I like okay beers, just like I like okay pizza or okay donuts. Sometimes, okay can be pretty great.

I will say that by making myself try new beers, I've come across some real gems. My intent with these reviews was to do the legwork for you all and to therefore save you time and money, but I would encourage you to go out on a whim and pick up something crazy this weekend. Does it have a pretty label? Is it made by a company that you really like? Is it on sale? No matter the reason, try to give your pallet a workout with something new.

It's a gorgeous day here and my husband is getting off work early. Time to celebrate all the good things with a 312 Urban Wheat Ale.

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment