Saturday, March 1, 2014

Beer To Pick Up This Weekend: In-Heat Wheat Hefeweizen by Flying Dog

I promised you guys I would review a non-IPA beer. So here we go: In-Heat Wheat Hefeweizen by Flying Dog. I had never had it (I had actually never had any of Flying Dog's beers) til this 6-pack you are seeing here. My husband recommended it and said he used to drink it in college. So I gave it a shot.

The name is a bit inappropriate (the description on the bottle is even more so), but it's what's in the bottle that counts. Just don't pick it up to take to a family get-together. This is a hanging-out-with-friends kind of beer.

I think the best description of this beer I can give is this: it's like drinking a Blue Moon that already has an orange slice in it (I hate when I order a Blue Moon and they don't garnish it with an orange slice. It's just not the same). This is a great hefeweizen with a nice orange tang at the end. It has a score of 80 on BeerAdvocate, which they classify as "good." But I really liked it. It's definitely worth your money.

That's the main thing isn't it? A nice 6-pack of beer is not cheap. And there are so many of them! There is nothing more disappointing than spending $7-10 dollars on a 6-pack and then not liking the beer. I did that the other day with Cold Snap by Sam Adams (another bad Sam Adams to add to the list. Their aren't many, but they're there). I want you all to love beer, but I want to save you all money!

Have a great weekend! As always, drink responsibly. I love you guys, don't be morons.

No comments:

Post a Comment