Thursday, April 17, 2014

Beer To Pick Up This Weekend: New Belgium Spring Blonde


Ok, yes, I know it is not the weekend. But, since tomorrow is a holiday, some of you may be starting your weekend early. You also may have family in town and be looking for a great beer for company. Or, you could be getting prepped for an epic Thirsty Thursday. So, I thought I'd give you a recommendation a little bit early.

This week was my husbands birthday. Around here, birthdays come with special privileges. The birthday boy/girl picks what we eat, where we go, what we do, etc. This generally goes on for a ridiculous amount of time, sometimes as often as two weeks. So I thought it only fitting that Olie pick a beer for a review. He thought it best to try a blonde for the blog, since I have never (until now) reviewed one. He chose New Belgium Spring Blonde.

I also asked him to describe it for us. Here is what he said:

"Aromatic but subtle. It has a medium mouth feel, with a bit of bitterness at the end. A nice, zippy beer."

Short, but too the point. I'm actually just starting to get into blondes. This one is not as aromatic as some, and it is very drinkable. If you've never had a blonde before, this is a good place to start. Most of the blondes that I've had are a bit more mellow, but this one is very carbonated which I like. Olie and I generally really like New Belgium's beers, so this was an obvious choice for us. I know a lot of you are probably big Fat Tire fans (another New Belgium), and their Ranger IPA is bangin' (yes, I said bangin'). I'm not that into Fat Tire, but I will acknowledge that it is a good beer. You can't really go wrong with a New Belgium. Give this Spring Blonde a try. At the moment, I'll buy anything with 'Spring' in the title!

Have a very happy Easter weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment