Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Off To Work!



This is what I wore to work today. Honestly, this is a pretty much what I wear everyday to work. Cute trousers, a button-down, and my trusty backpack. I tend lean towards the more preppy items in my closet when dressing for work. I don't know why. I think they make me feel more grown-up.

I work in a very casual environment, but I never wear jeans. To me, jeans are for the weekend. But I like that I can get away with untucked shirts and sandals. Actually, I think sandals are against our very lenient "dress code" but no one has said anything to me yet. Until then, I'm going for it.

I'm so loving every single spring trend. I went to Old Navy the other day and fell in love with everything in there. But all I bought was this white popover. It was only (get ready for it) $15! I'm obsessed with it. Is there anything better than a new white shirt? They had it in navy too. The only thing that comes close to being as great as a new white shirt is a new navy shirt. I may have to get one in navy.

I think the main reason I'm loving the spring trends is because everything is very me. Stripes, looser, menswear-inspired fits, preppy colors, and flats. That's pretty much what dominates my closet already. I still have a couple of things on my wish-list (of course), but I'm trying to be smart about it. I don't need another pair of boyfriend jeans or another button-down. I think I've got those covered already.

So yeah, Old Navy. Everything is cute and everything is on sale. You should go. Or maybe you shouldn't. Your wallet may not thank you. You might go crazy.

White Popover: Old Navy, Striped Blouse: Old Navy (old), Polka Dot Pants: Target, Shoes: Bucco via  HauteLook, Backpack: Urban Outfitters

No comments:

Post a Comment