Sunday, April 13, 2014

One More Time

I've been doing a bit of spring cleaning in the wardrobe. I'm not chunking everything all at once, but I am slowly re-evaluating every peice that I own. Hello shirt. Do I wear you? Do I need you? Do you fit? Do you have a large stain on you that will never come out? Those are the kind of conversations I've been having lately. Yes, I talk to clothes, as anyone who has been shopping with me will tell you.

Anyways, this vest was destined to be donated. I never wear it because I can never seem to style it correctly. It was even in the pile. But I gave it one last attempt and I'm so glad I did! I've never worn it over a sleeveless top before. That is the trick. When I pair it with sleeves it just looks weird. But that's not a problem, since in about a month the thought of wearing sleeves will make me want to die (I don't know if you know this, but Memphis is hot. Like.....really hot).

Olie's bday is tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited! We are both off work! So it's going to be a whole day of celebrating. Actually, I wore this on Friday night to an impromptu birthday dinner at Soul Fish (hence the cup). So yeah. We start celebrating early around here.

BTW, I totally diy-ed this vest. It was just an old denim jacket I had that had kind of puffy arms. I don't know why the arms were so puffy, but the jacket is definitely better off without them. Denim vests are totally in right now (not that we really care about that), so consider giving one of your jackets an update. But don't cut your classic denim jacket (especially if you only have one). You'll regret it.

Vest: American Eagle, Shirt: Forever 21, Jeans: Zara, Shoes: Bucco via HauteLook, Purse: Gap, Scarf: Thrifted, Assorted Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment