Monday, April 7, 2014

Winter's Last Hurrah



I am so in love with spring at the moment. I mean.....who isn't? However, in my excitement, I have a tendency to bust out my spring clothes too early. I'm sure most of you are the same. This year, I'm trying to give my beloved winter clothing a last hurrah before it all goes into storage. Today was pretty rainy and chilly here, so it was a perfect day to wear these boots and this sweater.

I don't think this sweater has made it onto the blog yet. This sweater has a great story. When I was in high school, my friend and I used to go to the "rag house." That wasn't the official name of the store, but that's what everyone called it. Basically, it was a room with long tables that were piled high with clothes. Nothing was folded or sorted, you just had to dig. It was a blast! Bonus: each article was less than a dollar. Normally, you payed about a quarter for something. This sweater was one of those items and I have worn it and worn it and worn it.

However, it used to be yellow. After you've had an article of clothing for a long time (I think I was in the 10th grade when I got this sweater), you tend to get a bit tired of it. So I thought I'd give it a bit of a refresher and dye it black. As you can see, the dye didn't take very well, and turned it this dusky purple color. Which I love! Not, what I expected, but I love it. A great sweater given a new life with just a little bit of dye. If you've never dyed any of your old clothes, you should give it a try. I have some tips here.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday! Thanks for stopping by!

Blouse: Forever 21, Jeans: Old Navy, Shoes: Zara, Assorted Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment